Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 January 2018

Welcome Blog

To all who come to this happy place, welcome!






Welcome to my brand new, first ever blog, SWIVEL CHAIR IMAGINEERING! I honestly couldn't think of a better name, and this one stuck. Anyhoo, this an experimental blog of sorts, to see if I can get an audience/some followers. I am an avid fan of all things Disney (and its various subsidaries), having loved the films and characters all my life, and have a shared love for their theme parks as well, even if I have only been to Disneyland Paris so far.

As you might guess by this blog's name, Swivel Chair Imagineering will be mostly dedicated to pitching my ideas for theme park designs and ideas and how I would hypothetically imagine or re-imagine them. This would mostly resolve around Disney's parks, but also Universal Studios, other theme parks around the world, and some of my own ideas for new ones altogether. This blog was inspired by the fantastic works of Ideal Buildout and Imagineerland, both excellent imagineering blogs in their own ways. However, while they use eyeboggling maps for their ideas, mine won't be so amazing, so instead I'll rely on pictures and your imaginations to visualise my own armchair imagineering.

The blog won't just be dedicated to theme park designs, but also the occasional thought piece, reviews, and lists for Disney-related subjects and maybe others.

In other places, I am an amateur screenwriter, novelist, writer, film critic, and podcast-er (whatever the term for a podcast maker is). I am a writer for the website A Place To Hang Your Cape, a website that examines the superhero medium, nerd-related subjects, and supports indie comics. I occasionally appear on the official podcast, "Podcapers", hosted by my friend Scott Meridew, whose views on Disney are not as positive as mine.

My idol and inspiration in life, apart from my parents, is Walt Disney. A wonderful, imaginative businessman, filmmaker, and dreamer, who created an empire from a cartoon mouse. It was both his leadership, and the talents of his colleagues, that led to the development of the animation industry, the animated feature, countless film techniques, and the theme park industry. This blog is dedicated to the memory of Walt, his brother Roy Disney, and the members of The Walt Disney Company who bring dreams to life.

Obviously, this blog has no affiliation with The Walt Disney Company beyond being written by a big fan. Any images used belong to their original owners, and most content will be inspired by those created and owned by Disney, Universal, and other such companies and groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment